Our Local has reached an agreement with the Administration on the Faculty Mentoring Pilot Program for the 2023-2024 academic year. Read the full Memorandum of Agreement.
Highlights of what we negotiated:
- Mentors will be compensated 0.125 credits for participating in the 5/23/23 workshop and for any additional workshops thereafter in preparation for the Fall 2023 pilot launch
- Mentors will be provided at least two weeks advance notice of additional workshops
- Mentorship during the pilot period will generally not exceed 20 hours per semester
- Mentors will not be responsible for degree audit reviews
- Mentors’ responsibilities in Navigate are limited rather than extensive
- Faculty mentorship will be counted toward department, college, and university service
- Faculty mentorship will be taken into serious consideration during retention, promotion, range-adjustment, and post-tenure review process
We encourage you to read the MOA for complete details.